When one has made his mind to renovate his house or to design their dream house, they always consider choosing the best flooring for their space as it is the basic yet quite essential component of every layout. Despite the fact there are plenty of flooring options available these days from terrazzo to linoleum, hardwood flooring is the standard and most considerate flooring option by homeowners.
However, all wood floorings are not the same, and choosing the right product for your home is one of the most critical yet important decisions one has to make. There are also other factors that also influence the alluring look and longevity of the product.
Here is a guide mentioned below that helps you to choose the right wood flooring for your home.
- Consider flooring that is readily installed, Pick solid hardwood flooring or engineered flooring for basement and apartment as this flooring is the best fit and was traditionally sold in broad boards of solid wood.
- Engineered flooring is easier to install in basements and apartments with concrete subfloors. Solid wood, on the other hand, is frequently installed atop one or two layers of plywood, which may boost the floor’s height and conflict with existing doors or marginally reduce ceiling height.
- Experts explained that engineered flooring can be attached straight to concrete or over a soundproofing mat.
- Another advantage it has is that it can also be installed over radiant heat.
- Choose wisely since some engineered flooring has top layers that are so thin that they cannot be sanded and refinished in the future.
- In spite of the benefits engineered wood flooring has, many homeowners or interior designers prefer solid wood flooring due to the exceptional benefits it poses which makes it eye-catching.
- If you select prefinished hardwood flooring you must have known that it comes in planks or can be ordered with a naked face that will be finished by a professional after installation, or they can be purchased prefinished, which will come with the stain and topcoat already applied.
- Another advantage of prefinished flooring is that it requires less time to install since no color or sealer is required.
- For site-finished wood flooring you have to rely on the contractor’s ability to install it properly.
- If you go after a site finishing wood flooring it will give you a chance to display your creativity as it allows a great level of customization which everyone appreciates. In that way, you can readily adjust the stain and shine of your flooring.
- The finished flooring result will be finer because unfinished flooring is normally sanded after it’s hammered down and then finished as a single continuous plane.
- Consider which species or type of flooring you want for your space. Oak wood flooring is the king among the homeowners of North America due to its durability, and appealing natural grain.
- If you want something softer in feel, walnut wood flooring is a great choice.
- Walnut flooring offers a darker, richer, and warmer tone to your space.
To conclude, if you want wood flooring for your house, make your selections first and be clear about what you want, how you want your floor to appear, and how you want it to feel underfoot. Before making an investment, always think about your options. You may want to get these home needs in Singapore from a good supplier such as Gate Door Window. Check out the website to find more home supplies such as doors, windows and aluminium doors today.