Choosing the best removalist can be a difficult undertaking, especially when moving house is frequently mentioned as one of life’s most stressful occurrences.
Removalists not turning up on time, being too slow and inefficient, lumping consumers with hidden expenses, and being excessively rough with things are among industry stereotypes. So, how can you make sure you’re booking with the best? How can you ensure that you won’t be overcharged and that the contents of your house or office will be handled with the highest care and respect?
For ultimate peace of mind, we’ve put up a list of our top advice for finding and hiring the best house removalists in Melbourne:
- A removalist in Sydney can seem like a puzzling bunch, but it’s important to understand the differences in costs and services on offer to get the most bang for your buck without overspending. There are accredited removalists in Sydney, but they might not necessarily be the ones you want.
- To choose the best house removalists in Melbourne, you should consider their service history, reputation, their accreditation status. Check your comfort with the company’s culture, their assets and vehicles available for moving, pricing policy. Reputation on review sites, transparent information about their services offered online and whether they offer services at competitive rates.
- Check out what people are saying about removalists in Melbourne (and the surrounding area) on Google and Facebook.
- Getting your items moved from Point A to Point B is just the beginning of what can be a stressful process. Without the right removalist cost estimator, you could lose all of your possessions and money paid without getting them to their new location on time.
- It’s important to provide this information up front to ensure an adequately sized vehicle is scheduled for the job. It’s also important so the company can make sure they come equipped with enough ties, moving blankets, trolleys, and movers for the job.
- Compare removalist quotes to ensure you only pay for what we’ll be able to carry.
- A large vehicle will save time, money, and aggravation. It’s recommended following their advice if you’ve chosen a service you trust – professional removalists are in high demand and have a lot of experience determining the best deal for the Skip hire Benfleet consumer. They’ll want to do an excellent job so you can spread the news and hire them again the next time you move
Contributing to a stress-free relocation
The better prepared you are, the more likely you are to move quickly and without stress. Consider the following suggestions to make things easier for you and your removalist:
- Make sure your hallways and walkways are free of obstructions.
- Before the removalists arrive, make sure there is ample parking and that it is close by.
- It’s preferable if boxes are stacked and not overstuffed; if in question, use our “perfectly packed box” suggestions for guidance.
- Disassemble items like mattresses ahead of time, and make sure all of their parts are carefully packed to avoid misplacing them – this will save you a lot of time on moving day.