The cornea forms the clear and protective outer layer of the eye. It is transparent and allows light to pass through the pupil, lens, and finally, onto your retina. Therefore, if your cornea gets damaged by infection or an injury, it will affect your ability to see things. Hence, if you are facing symptoms of corneal conditions, it is recommended that you consult an eye doctor immediately.
Symptoms of Huntingdon Valley cornea conditions:
- Seeing blurry images: Abnormalities in your cornea may lead to the formation of foggy and unclear images. Hence, you may find it quite difficult to see things clearly, especially the ones that have fine details.
- If you are experiencing problems in your cornea with conditions such as corneal ulcers or infections, you may experience extreme pain, discomfort, and irritation every now and then.
- This condition is also known as photophobia and in the case of corneal condition, a person may experience extreme discomfort seeing things in bright light.
- If you get inflammation around your cornea, you may develop redness and irritation in the eye. This condition is also known as keratitis.
- You can face excessive discharge of water. In many corneal conditions, people experience excessive discharge of tears.
- Many people with corneal conditions have reported seeing halos around lights. This condition is caused by the light getting scattered when it enters the eye.
- There can be swelling in the eye. Certain dysfunctions can cause an accumulation of fluids that get built up in your cornea and lead to swelling and poor vision.
- You may be feeling the presence of foreign objects. Your corneal condition may cause dry eye disease that can make you feel as if you have some foreign object in your eye.
- Some people have reported getting conditions such as keratoconus where their cornea takes the shape of a cone and causes a distorted version.
However, you can still be confused with the issues you are facing. You must not delay, your eyesight is not something to be taken for granted. It is very essential that you get in touch with an eye doctor who will perform a proper diagnosis and begin the right treatment so that your condition doesn’t get worse.
Moreover, if you experience the above symptoms and your doctor has determined that you have corneal conditions, you should seek proper treatment immediately. With advancements in technology, even severe eye conditions can be treated if medical help is availed at the right time.