Laser dentistry is a new branch of the dental world that is gaining headlines. With the advancement of technology, many people prefer this option for their dental needs. Do you want to know about laser dentistry? Below, a detailed piece of information is given about laser dentistry.
What is laser dentistry?
Laser dentistry is a branch that uses different laser technology wavelengths to treat various dental conditions. This branch came into clinical practice in 1989. Most people prefer this treatment option as it is more comfortable. Now these services are available in Bethesda, so if you are searching for high-quality dental treatment, then laser dentistry bethesda can be your option.
Laser stands for ‘laser amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation.’ A specialized instrument creates light energy and produces a focused beam on the area of interest.
Laser dentistry is used in various procedures. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Whitening of tooth
- Treatment of gum disease
- Treatment of dental cavities
- Hypersensitivity treatment
Laser dentistry is a cost-effective, highly efficient, and comfortable option that can simplify dental treatment.
What kind of procedures are used in laser dentistry?
Laser dentistry includes two types of procedures, i.e., soft tissue and hard tissue procedures.
Hard tissues procedures of laser dentistry are as follows:
- Dental hypersensitivity treatment
- Cavity preparations
- Dental filling treatment
- Detection of the cavity
Soft tissue procedures of laser dentistry are as follows:
- Removal of soft tissue folds
- Treatment of tongue frenum attachment
- Lengthening of crown
- Treatment of a gummy smile
- Other popular procedures included under the umbrella of Laser dentistry are:
- Treatment of cold sores
- Regeneration of nerves
- Temporomandibular joint problems
- Treatment of sleep apnoea
- Removal of benign tumors
- Diagnosis of tissues
Benefits of laser dentistry
The detailed benefits of laser dentistry are as follows:
- Laser dentistry reduces the need for sutures after the treatment.
- Laser dentistry promotes blood clotting, and bleeding is minimized. Hence it is preferred over traditional methods.
- Anesthesia is unnecessary with certain specific laser procedures.
- The risk of bacterial infections chances are lower if laser dentistry is used.
- Wound healing and tissue regeneration are promoted if lasers are used.
- Laser treatment provides less damage to the surrounding tissues.
If you plan to have a laser dentistry treatment, start by finding a qualified professional. In addition, to gain knowledge, you can read information from (the ALD) Academy of Laser Dentistry, one of the field’s most popular sources.